The Baltic Photo Biennale.
The 6th international competition of professional and amateur photo art “Photomania 2013”
Thank you for participating in our project! Sent about 10,000 works from 650 artists from 27 countries. Pre-selection committee finished work. We started mailing address listed on Round 2. List of participants of round 2.
- Al Farah Carole, Damascus, Syria
- Andriets Ivan, Moscow, Russia
- BabiyNikolay, Murmansk,Russia
- Bauer , St. Petersburg, Russia
- BazlovAleksey, Khot’kovo, Russia
- Beck Arndt, Berlin, Germany
- Belousov Anton, Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
- Bogomolova Anastasia, Kasli, Russia
- Borissova Julia, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Bushova Aleksandera, Novorossiysk, Russia
- Bushovy Aleksey and Aleksandra, Novorossiysk, Russia
- ChekachkovIgor’, Khar’kov, Ukraine
- Demskaya Sofya, Oostende, Belgium
- Denbrov Ilya, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Dmitrieva Ekaterina, Minsk, Belorussia
- EsadovKir, Moscow, Russia
- FedotovaKseniya, Samara, Russia
- FilippovichGennadiy, Kaliningrad, Russia
- FrankEvgeniy, Belgorod, Russia
- GalstyanArsen, Dolgoprudnyi, Russia
- Gavrikova Anastasiya, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Golovchenko Kirill, Mainz, Germany
- GrebenshchikovMikhail, Moscow, Russia
- GulyayBogdan, Chernigov, Ukraine
- GuseynovViktor, Kaliningrad, Russia
- HekimciSerkant, İstanbul, Turkey
- IvanovAndrey, Moscow, Russia
- IvanovEvgeniy, Novosibirsk, Russia
- KachanVadim, Minsk, Belorussia
- Karaseva Anna, Moscow, Russia
- KirilkinaMargarita, Vilnius, Lietuva
- KiselevEvgeniy, Kursk, Russia
- KiselevaAlina, Magnitogorsk, Russia
- Kharchenko Nikolay, Kaliningrad, Russia
- KobetcVladislav, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Koryakovskiy Yuriy, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Kruglyakova Marina, Moskovskaya obl., Russia
- Kuranov Viktor, Ostashkov, Tverskaya obl., Russia
- Kuvshynov Nikolay, Chelyabinsk, Russia
- LazurenkoAnastasiya, Odessa, Ukraine
- LozenkoVarvara, Moscow, Russia
- Lyadvik Violetta, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Makarova Olga, Moscow, Russia
- Makovetskaya Marina, Moscow, Russia
- MatveevAleksandr, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Mel’nikovValeriy, Moscow, Russia
- Miroshnichenko Andrey, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Mohammad Haj Kab, Damascus, Syria
- Nabok Galina, Sovetsk, Kaliningradskaya obl., Russia
- Nesterenko Igor’, Kaliningrad, Russia
- NovikovSergey, Moscow, Russia
- Novov Gennadiy, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Osmolovskaya Yuliya, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Pas’ Darya, Krasnodar, Russia
- Pisarev_Alexander, Moscow, Russia
- PlotnikovaMariya, Moscow, Russia
- Pluisnina Anna, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Poilov Georgiy, Kirov, Russia
- PopovMaksim, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Poteryaev Sergey, Telkov Fedor, Ekaterinburg, Russia
- PyatshevAlexey, Ryazan’, Russia
- RegisterBoris, Kaliningrad, Russia
- RyazanovDmitriy, Moscow, Russia
- Sachko Egor, Kaliningrad, Russia
- SarkisyanVyacheslav, Ashkhabad, Туркмения
- Semenov Arseniy, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Semenov Kirill, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Sen’kovAnton, Minsk, Belorussia
- Sen’kovViktor, Mogilev, Belorussia
- SendrauskasAdas, Palanga, Lietuva
- Shapran Andrey, Novosibirsk, Russia
- ShtepaAnzhelika, Syktyvkar, Russia
- ShynkarenkoAlexey, Minsk, Belorussia
- SilamednisVladimir, Cherepovetc, Russia
- Sirovskiy Valeriy, Moscow, Russia
- Sobenina Tat’yana, Kaliningrad, Russia
- SopovaAnna, Samara, Russia
- StarovPetr, Ryazan’, Russia
- StepnovIliya, Cheboksary, Russia
- StolyarovaAlexandra, Tulon, France
- TarakanovAlexandr, Kaliningrad, Russia
- TarasovaSvetlana, Kaluga, Russia
- Tcvetkov Egor, St. Petersburg, Russia
- TitovichPavel, Belgorod, Russia
- TrofimovAlexey, Bratsk, Russia
- Veledzimovich Alexander, Vitebsk, Belorussia
- VereshchaginOleg, Petersburg, Russia
- Vorontsov Yuriy, Murmansk,Russia
- Juraitis Valentinas, Vilnius, Lietuva
- Zabolotskiy Maxim, Svetlyi, Russia
- Zaytcev Artem, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Zeytullaev El’dar, Novorossiysk, Russia
Members of the jury.
Michaela Bosáková (1978 Bratislava, Slovakia)
She studied the History of Arts at the Commenius University in Bratislava.
Since 2008, worked as a curator for contemporary painting. In 2009 started working for the Central European House of Photography in Bratislava as a project manager and curator.
She organized many photography exhibition in Slovakia and Europe, writes articles and reviews on photography.
She is the production manager for a major project – encyclopedia The History of European Photography 1900-1938, and the project manager for the second volume of the book.
Advice: Michaela is looking for adventurous and brave photographers, who are not affraid to experiment with reality and are in photography. Do not have any particular preferences in photography. Looking for experiment, new vision, quality. Not interested in food and fashion photography.
Director: Lodz Art Center, Fotofestiwal, Photo Festival Union
Krzysztof Candrowicz is a founder and director of the International Festival of Photography in Lodz, Foundation of Visual Education and Lodz Art Center. As a director and the festival, he established a network of 30 European festivals of photography, called Photo Festival Union. Krzysztof Candrowicz is also working as a guest curator and visiting lecturer in the numerous organizations, schools and festivals in Europe and worldwide. From October 2005 he became a director of Lodz Art Center. Since June 2012 he also became a curator of the PUNCTUM Gallery in Lodz in Poland.
Krzysztof is interested in viewing work of international interest, documentary projects, particularly creative photography and new interdisciplinary approaches to the medium. He is not, however, interested in viewing traditional nude, landscapes, flowers or glamour photography.
Oleg Klimov (1964 Tomsk, Russia)
One of the first “stringer” (free photo journalist) of USSR who also supported institution of free journalism in post-Soviet Russia. Advocate for demolition of mass media central system that was one of the USSR method to set barriers for the “freedom of word”.
As a freelancer he worked for such magazines as Ogonek, Itogi, Time,Elsevier, Stern, Le Monde, Magazine-M and for the following newspapers : Izvestia , Komsomolskaya Pravda, Het Parool, The Times, The Independent, The Guardian, The Washington Post, info agencies : France Presse, Sygma, photo agency Panos pictures etc.
Initiator of private photo agency foundation in Russia, he also known for cooperation with Pressphotos-Epsilon (2004), Photographer.ru (2006-2007). Since 2006 – participant of educational seminars for photo journalism (Photographer.ru «Objective reality» fund).
2005-2012 – lecturer at workshop “Documentary photo” in photo and multimedia school of Alexander Rodchenko (Ministry of Culture of Moscow city, Moscow House of Photo).
One of the founders of Documentary Photo support Fund Liberty.SU working for CIS contries.
Nadia Scheremetova (1978 Saint-Petersburg, Russia)
Fund director at “Photo Department”, “Young photography” project curator (www.youngphotography.ru), photo critic.
At the present moment she is writing under name of Nadia Cherie for “Consumer” magazine and “Photo equipment and camcorders” of Foto&Video page at Photographer.ru (Moscow).
She is also known as permanent organizer of educational, exhibition and international projects at “Photo Department”
Co- curator of “Territories of Desire“. Contemporary Russian photography exhibition at international photo festival Backlight 2011 , September 2011 TampereArtMuseum, Finland
Since 2010 - author and moderator of workshop “Photography after photography.”
Since 2011 - curator of author course “Photography at the limit” - educational program “Photo as a field of research.”
Scientific and cultural interests: photography, modern art, modern architecture.
Dmitry Vyshemircky (1958 Kaliningrad, Russia)
He has been working in photo art since 1980. Tried himself as a photo journalist in mass media, went to several photo expeditions to GULAG region at Kolima river of Magadan, Murmansk and Arhangelsk Areas at late 80-s where he shot “ Traces of GULAG“ series which was then included to the cycle “Waiting for mercy.“
Laureate of “Ogonek“ magazine award for the best picture of the year ( 1988) , prizeman of “Acknowledgment“ – award of Kaliningrad Area local authorities for fine art achievement ( 1998), author of photo album “ Forgive, Konigsberg.“
Participant of many personal and group exhibitions in Russia and abroad. Author of several publications in Russian and foreign editions. Works of D. Vyshemirsky are kept in museums and private collections in Russia, Germany, Denmark, Lithuania, Poland, the U.S.A, France and other countries.
1. Main provisions.
1.1. Photo competition “Photomania- 2013” will take place within frameworks of the 6thinternational festival “The Baltic Photo Biennale”
1.2. Festival Organization Committee:
· Ministry of Culture (Kaliningrad Area)
· Russian Union of Photo Artists
· Kaliningrad Union of Photo Artists
· Kaliningrad Area museum “Art Gallery”
2. Competition aims:
2.1. Professional photo art development.
2.2. Amateurphotographers’ creativity support.
3. Competition participants.
Professional, amateur photographers and art unions are invited to take part in the competition.
4. Place and time of competition:
Kaliningrad, Russia. August 2013.
5. Nominations and prize funds:
5.1. Competition program consists of 2 nominations:
· “Documentary pictures";
· “Photo Art».
5.2. We accept work collections (series) from authors (art groups) matching chosen nomination purpose not more than 2 series from author or group with not more than 7 works in each. Non serial or single works should be applied to chosen nomination not more than 5 pieces from author ( group).
5.3. No limitation is set for genre and style of the pictures to be presented. Each participant might use both single works and series to apply for nominations.
5.4. Finally 4 awards will be determined in the competition.
· Grand Prix - 30 000 RUB;
· 1st prize – Personal exhibition.
· Grand Prix - 30 000 RUB;
· 1st prize – Personal exhibition.
5.5. The best works will be selected and marked additionally in the following categories:
· monochrome photo;
· color solution;
· manual printing technique;
· experimental photo;
· Kaliningrad regional photo.
5.6. International Jury will classify competition works in the following criterions:
· general impression;
· art level of the work;
· ideas originality and work content;
· technique and quality.
6. Participation conditions:
Participation in the mentioned competition is free of charge.
7. Competition stages and technical requirements.
The competition has 2 stages.
7.1. Works selection for contest exhibition. This stage is to be effected by festival organizers. Works (competition portfolio) should be send in digital way only to
and copied to
7.2. Please fit thefollowing technical requirements of e-copies of your works:
· jpg, maximum 1920 pix. at larger side,
· maximum – 1 Mb.
· use your surname and name for pictures titles , mark if it’s single or serial, series or stand-alone picture name , number of the work in the series and nomination you’d like it to be applied for ( art-photo or doc-photo). For example:
Ivanov Ivan_Series_Forvater1_ art-photo .jpg; or
Petrov Igor_Foto_Stop_ doc-photo .jpg.
7.3. Competition portfolio should have a filled questionnaire. Please download the "questionnaire form".
7.4. Competition portfolio will not be considered to participate if it doesn’t match above mentioned requirements.
7.5. We accept e-copies of your works until 1st of June 2013.
List of the authors passed 1st selection stage of the competition will be published here www.kaliningradfoto.ru after 15th of June 2013.
7.6. Only works selected during 1st stage are accepted.
7.7. Both printed and digital e-copies are useful.
We accept digital copies for further printing and participation in exhibition
Our printing process technical details are as following:
· wide printer Epson Stylus Pro 9900;
· Photopaper Epson Premium Semigloss Photo Paper, Epson Premium Semimatte Photo Paper;
· Files technical outcome JPEG/TIFF, 360 dpi, color profile sRGB, printing dimensions not less than 40 х 60 cm.
· Work title should contain surname and name mark, if it’s single or serial, series or stand-alone picture name , number of the work in the series and nomination you’d like it to be applied for ( art-photo or doc-photo). Forexample:
Ivanov Ivan_Serija_Forvater1_artfoto.jpg; or
Printed works requirements:
· minimal picture dimensions 20 х 30 cm;
· exhibition quality.
Each picture back side should contain:
· Author’s name and surname;
· nomination ( art-photo or doc-photo)
· Work or series title ( or “without name” or “series 1” )
· a number of work in the series
· creation year
· full post address , e-mail, phone number
· «up- down» mark.
7.8. The works will not be considered to participate if it doesn’t match above mentioned requirements.
7.9. Send your printed works by post or bring it by yourself to 236029 Gen. Ozerova, 40 Kaliningrad, Russia «С-Photo» (with subject «Photomania 2013)
7.10. We accept e-copies and printed works until 15th of July 2013
The contest exhibition, winners selection and awarding.
8.1. The photo contest participants confirm and guarantee their copyright concerning pictures they use to take part in the competition. The photo contest participants are responsible for the rights of third parties.
8.2. The authors confirm their copyright and agreement with “Photomania 2013” statements and regulations by sending their works to the competition.
8.3. Festival Organization Committee has a right to publish authors’ works in project materials without paying any fee to the authors.
8.4. Biennale participants works might be published in media pages for non-profit use with attribution of authorship.
8.5. Organizers guarantee safe and careful pictures handling but are not responsible for any damage during post shipments. Organizers guarantee all printed works will be returned to authors.
8.6. Organizers guarantee copyright compliance.
9. Competitionworkflow schedule.
9.1. Works digital copies should be sent until 1st of June 2013
9.2. 1st stage results announcement: 15th of June 2013
9.3. Works digital and printed copies should be sent until 15th of July 2013
9.4. Exhibition opening, winners selection and awarding: August 2013
9.5. Printed works return (only for the printed works sent by authors via Post) starting from November 1st 2013. Shipping charges to be paid by authors (cash on delivery or prepaid courier).
Please don’t hesitate to ask your additional questions to
and by phone +7(4012) 966-020, 916-912
Please send your works to the following e-mail:
with copy to